Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook HP Pavilion 11-n010eb x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

... needed a reinstall Windows 10 on notebook HP Pavilion 11-n010eb x360.

Touchscreen was no longer working.

Googled 1001 pages and tested 1001 advices.

'HID - Compliant for touchscreen' is not listed in the device manager.

Updated drivers from HP without result.

When running diagnostics ('ESC' => F2) the touchscreen IS WORKING but NOT in Windows 10.

Help! ... can I download the missing driver from somewhere or do I need an oem-version from HP or can someone give a final tip?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@willvk

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment but as said:

- googled 1001 pages and tested 1001 advices (the problem with my notebook is not unique, you can find hundreds of pages from people reporting the same problem).
- updated all posible drivers from Microsoft Support
- chated with Microsoft, they took over my pc but did not solved the problem
- updated all posible drivers from HP Support
- made an update with Microsoft Media Creation Tool 2004
- tryed to download from HP Cloud Recovery Tool but my notebook
HP Pavilion 11-n010eb x360 product number G7G17EA # UUG was not found
- ordered a System Recovery Kit from HP Best2Serve, order was accepted but finally the recovery kit was no longer available and they send back the money
- made a recovery usb from my HP Envy 23 (has a touchscreen and the HID compliant touchscreen driver is listed) and loaded it on the notebook but it was hopeless

So, what can I do more? Help, I am HP dedicate (the notebook is my 6th HP product - laptop - printer - desktop - stand alone - printer - notebook) so can someone solve this problem? Can someone send me the needed HID compliant touchscreen driver to install the notebook has its touchscreen back?

HP Recommended

@willvk

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I made a final attempt to try out some drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog (www.catalogue.update.microsoft.com) => NextWindow.
This did not help either.
On the site www.hp.com/contacthp/ I come back to what I did before: Software and Driver Downloads but no one tells me exactly what to do and which driver to install (although this is all already tested).
I must definitely say that after all those attempts, I am quite disappointed. I wonder if it is so difficult for Microsoft or HP to download the requested driver for me. The notebook is already several years old but I installed an SSD and 8gb ram and it still works more than properly. A good solution for a student in these corona times.
The notebook is usable but unfortunately without a touch screen.
So, if in the end there is someone who knows the right magic word ...
This means that there is no solution yet.

HP Recommended

@willvk

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps including system recovery to resolve this issue and the issue persists. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Willvk,

I dont know, if its working for you, but I had a similar problem with my spectre x360. Touchscreen wasnt working completely (even in BIOS)and the driver was missing. I tried many of your solutions, too.

I loaded DriverEasy and updated all my drivers. The first restart was kind of crazy and I restarted again. Than everything worked perfectly.

I hope this can help you!

Greetings

Fearen

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.
... to start: in the bios the touch screen works perfectly (so, no bios update needed) but not in Windows 10. But the HID compliant touch screen driver is not visisble in the devisce manager. I suppose in the meantime I did just about everything I could do (read my post 10.20.2020). Microsoft contact could not solve it, HP contact could not solve it. I couldn't find a solution in the Microsoft update catalog and at www.hp.com/contacthp/ I end up in the same circle and a System Recovery Kit from HP Best2Serve is no longer available for the concerned notebook. I have the driver on my HP Envy23 stand alone. Can I transfer a copy of the driver to my notebook?
I tried Driver Easy but it only tells me which drivers to update but not which drivers are missing.
I have two computers, a laptop and a notebook and two printers, all from HP. Could someone maybe make it a little easier and just send me the driver? I lose my faith in HP a bit, big company, little help ...

___the driver on mijn HP Envy 23.JPG

HP Recommended

Hey,

I also searched a lot for the driver, but I think it does not exist alone. While finding a solution for my problem (at first it was just my touchscreen, who had his own mind), i uninstalled the HID touchscreen driver and it was gone. After updating ALL my drivers with Driver Easy (Microsoft Update and HP Assistant didnt work), it was reinstalled. I think it is integrated in one of the updated ones, maybe the Graphic driver. (other programms like Driver Booster and others didnt work for my (dont know why))

Fearen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.