Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp bw522ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A discrete graphics card does not start for some world of warcraft games, in some games dual graphics are running. I tried to install various drivers, both from the hp site and from the amd site. Everywhere are high performance settings. In bios, there is no choice of graphics. Can install the old version of bios help? how to force a discrete video card? Is it possible to enable only a discrete video card for all tasks? Hp bw522ur sn-cnd7236wy8 

I have difficulties with translation, please answer simply. Thank you for understandin20190328_165549.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Mikhail88,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03048374#AbT0

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but it does not help. switchable graphics adapters are AMD + AMD. The BIOS versions in this article are NOT SUITABLE for my laptop. I indicated the version and serial number above. I have an AMD processor

HP Recommended

In the power settings of the laptop, everywhere is the maximum performance. The radeon settings are also worth the maximum performance. I found this article myself, I tried many things, only after that I turned to you.

HP Recommended

world of warcraft runs on an integrated video card regardless of the driver version and settings. Maybe this is due to openGL?

HP Recommended

@Mikhail88,

If the article didn't do the trick then the graphics are system managed and you will not be able to change it manually.

The system switches the graphics card based on the graphics demand from the application or games you are playing.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do you understand me at all? I am telling you that the game requires a lot of resources, and the discrete video card does not turn on. You did not even try to help; you threw out some article yourself. Your product is raw, I have not heard any good reviews about HP laptops. What products such and support ...

I very much regret that when I bought your company’s laptop

HP Recommended

@Mikhail88,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1. Forum hp support in English
2. Find a hp service center
3. Options for support of non-warranty devices (there is none)Screenshot_20190331-004709_Samsung Internet.jpg

HP Recommended

Can you give me a link to download bios FOR THIS LAPTOP? Version with the function of switching video cards. Or, again, redirect the hive somewhere? This problem is not with me alone, it is discussed on Russian forums and there is no solution from hp. Applications on opengl DO NOT START ON DISCRETE VIDEO CARD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.