Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

READ IT TILL THE END PLEASE 🙂 I REALY NEED HELP
okay i have the same problem for 2 years .

from 2 years i upgraded to windows 10 , then i installed windows 7 again due to some issues , while i downloading drivers i've noticed that the graphic driver's name changed from AMD Radeon HD 6490M into AMD Radeon HD 7600M , and actualy it didn't work , i uninstalled that driver and the graphics worked correctly in Intel HD Graphics 3000 , but it made the cpu slower , so i downloaded the AMD driver from HP website and while installing at about 40% or 50% the screen begain to flash then a black screen with a white underscore appears i've waited for 2 hours for it but no changes happend so i restarted the pc and the windows load but every thing was zoomed , i opened Driver manger and i've noticed that in the section of graphics the both of (Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6490M) have error and as i remember it was error code 51 .

so i uninstalled it again and used the intel one only and it worked , from about one year i've formated the pc completely and installed windows 7 again and i've tried the driver again i thought it will be deffrent and actualy nothing changed the same cancer the same errors , and from about 5 months i formated it again and searched for that error ony every single forum that describe my problem but no one wrote the solution .

today i searched again and found that my device have the graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6490M not ((AMD Radeon HD 7600M)) so i searched for that driver , i havnt found it on AMD site (it was written that they deleted it from thier site) or even in HP site i've found only 7600M , i think 7600M is for a higher version of my pc but not mine .

but when i searched for AMD Radeon HD 6490M and downloaded it from a site (i think it didn't download correctly because i've found problem while extracting the .zip ) so when it was installing i did't faced any flashs or crash or any black screen but when i read the log i've found written that the driver was failed , amd control succeed , amd gaming control succeed , and i checked device manger and it was written (standard vga adapter) instead of AMD Radeon HD 6490M .

please help me that problem annoy me when i use photoshop or after effect or my c++ ide and any program need a good cpu and gpu
PLEASE HELP ME 😞 REPLY AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN :"D

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hououinkyouma_

You need to download from HP sites. Please use the following drivers and software (including CCC):

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55947.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

banhien wrote:

@hououinkyouma_

You need to download from HP sites. Please use the following drivers and software (including CCC):

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55947.exe

Regards.

Same as i mentioned , i downloaded it then while installing the screen becomes black with a blinking underscore .

so i restarted the device but it stop at "starting windows" , but when i disabled the amd driver with (Safe Mode)

the windows started but every thing is big , now i checked the device manger the amd is disabled as i did and the intel one have error ( Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) )

so i will not uninstal the amd driver this time till you tell me what to do next and please a quick reply

if i enable the amd one the windows wont start .

thanks for your reply , 

and please help me .

btw if there is a phone number in egypt to call please write it to me

thanks again

HP Recommended

i have the same issue i cant figure it out i format my machine and cant install any driver from amd

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.