Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading Windows 10 to 1803, Device Manager shows an admiration icon next to Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.  Code 43 error.

I don't know if this is related with another issue. HP Support Assistant shows two drivers as Available Upgrades although I've installed both of them successfully -a number of times!- through this module:

NVidia 2016 HG Video Drivers 64 bits
Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers

Any suggestion will be very welcome.

José Miguel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the latest Intel HD620 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the second option ( ie win64_24.20.100.6025.zip ).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the win64_24.20.100.6025.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel gpu and select Uninstall ( also tick the box to delete driver software ) and when this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, once again, hold down the Windows key and press R

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel 620 device and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted Intel win64_24.20.100.6025 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook once more.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the latest Intel HD620 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the second option ( ie win64_24.20.100.6025.zip ).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the win64_24.20.100.6025.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel gpu and select Uninstall ( also tick the box to delete driver software ) and when this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, once again, hold down the Windows key and press R

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel 620 device and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted Intel win64_24.20.100.6025 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook once more.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Your solution worked perfectly.

I did try to install the latest Intel's driver, but I opted for the first file (the exe one). The installer informed the driver was not from HP, and canceled the operation.
Your recommended way to update the driver avoided that constrain.

I also appreciate the meticulous instructions to get through the procedure.

Thank you very much,

José M.

HP Recommended

You're more than welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I'd like to inform you about an extra bonus from fixing Intel Graphics driver: Suspend option in Shut Down menu vanished after last Windows update and it's back again! That is really convenient!!
Will we see an Operating System upgrade hasle-free? Well, fortunately generous experts exist to tackle with all sorts of side efects of improvments.

José Miguel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.