Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am writing this after looking testing almost all the possible hacks, tricks and tweaks to solve this problem,

so recently I purchased this hp elite book 360 1030 G2 which was refurbished by authorized dealer from amazon it is well intact and in good condition except one that is this rotation lock button on windows is greyed out so i cant use it in tent or tablet mode with its full potential.

things that i have tried

1) Put it on portrait mode and see the button gets enabled -- didn't worked

2) keep the laptop in tent mode and see weather it is enabled on not  -- didn't worked

3) update all the drivers-- didn't worked

4) change the setting in registry -- didn't worked

( here I found some interesting thing when i was changing the 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

at this location when i was trying to set the Enable  at 1 and restarting my device surprisingly  it was getting back to zero after each restart )

5) In services changed the Sensor monitoring service to automatic-- didn't worked

6) Re install windows operating system -- didn't worked

I guess i have tried all of it and please let me know anything else that will help me out with this situation I will be very much great full for that 

thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kartik1112 please try these steps:

Go to control panel

2. Go to Display

3. Go to Adjust Resolution

4. Be sure "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is CHECKED.

If this does not work then try this link: https://hp.care/2ihSeEb

Also, uninstall the keyboard in device manager and restart the computer.

Solution 1:

The keyboard in Windows 10 has an automatic detector to disable the keyboard and the trackpad as soon as it becomes a 'tablet'. To access it go to the following menu items:
Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto-Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)
You can use these settings to disable the keyboard in tablet mode.

Now check if it gets fixed. If it does not continue Steps from solution 2.

Solution 2:

Some of the users who had the similar issue have mentioned in some forums that the issue is fixed by adjusting the angle of the tablet. When the laptop is rotated sideways it attempts to switch to tablet mode, even when you have not adjusted the screen angle. The sensing is done by an orientation sensor in the base of the laptop, not in the hinges. So, to turn the keyboard back on and to go to laptop mode try tilting the whole laptop towards you slightly and check.

Now check if it gets fixed. If it does not continue Steps from solution 3.

Solution3

• Then install the latest version of HP support assistant.
  • Please perform all Windows update again.
  • Then update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from https://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Please run the Intel driver utility and update it from the Intel website.
  • Also, ensure that you have the latest bios update by running HP support assistant.
  • This should do the trick for you if there is no hardware issue with the computer.
  • Also, uninstall and reinstall the display drivers:
  • Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe  Select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
  • Then check if the issue gets resolved.
  • Update the touchscreen firmware if it is available.

Now check if it gets fixed. If it does not continue Steps from solution 4.

Solution 4: 

Go to Device Manager > System devices > Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and ensure that the driver is enabled.

Now check if it gets fixed. If it does not continue Steps from solution 5.

Solution 5: 

Please, backup your important data and perform a Microsoft Push Button reset of Windows 10. from this link: https://hp.care/2toQrBj  If you follow the correct on-screen instructions, then there should be no data loss.

Now check if it gets fixed. If it does not continue Steps from solution 6.

Solution 6

Backup your important data and perform a system recovery to factory settings on your computer by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2I7YDxk

This should do the trick for you.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.