Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-dv0511sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I know if this notebook is stylus compatible? There is nothing obvious I can find related to this. tried two pens now and no luck. If the notebook is not compatible with this touchscreen it would have been good to know this before I bought the machine.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kwilkin 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

I did not find any system model:  HP Pavilion 14-dv0511sa 

I did find an older 2018 model:  HP Pavilion - 15-cs0511sa 

This model is not compatible with a stylus / pen.

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Reminder:  Never post the serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

@Kwilkin wrote:

How do I know if this notebook is stylus compatible? There is nothing obvious I can find related to this. tried two pens now and no luck. If the notebook is not compatible with this touchscreen it would have been good to know this before I bought the machine.

Yes, nice to know ahead of time.

In general, if you can find the Datasheet for the model / system series you are thinking of purchasing, the Datasheet includes the type of information you seek.  This is hit and miss - not all products include Datasheets for all regions.

How to find:

Use the exact model name or the Product Number to search - add the word "Datasheet" to that search.

==========================================================================

What else?

New systems for sale at the HP Store might include the information in the TechSpecs section.

What else?

Look up the Pen itself and check whether there is a compatibility list at the store.

Example

HP Store UK - HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen (Black)

What else?

Use the HP Virtual Agent to search for a compatible pen for your computer (or a computer you might like to purchase).

Unless the model is VERY new, the HPVA can likely find the information.

You will need to know the Product Name / Product Number of your computer / workstation

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

IMPORTANT

If the HPVA is not available and / or is not able to answer reasonable requests, it is possible the interface is down.  There is no alternative but to wait and try another time.  The HPVA is NOT within the control of the Community.  We have no way to “go around” the process.  Usually, if the HPVA is down on the weekend, normal operation will resume by Monday morning.

Method – Search Compatible Product(s) using the HP Virtual Agent - HPVA

Check the data for yourself using the HP Virtual Assistant

Consumer systems can (also) open the agent at the product's homepage.

Consumer Notebook Examples:  Notebook, Pavilion, Spectre, Envy, and others

• Open the Support Home for your Computer.
  • Click / Open the Virtual Agent (lower right corner of the homepage screen / web page).
  • Wait for the Virtual Agent to be ready to receive your question.
  • Ask your question – For example, ask:  “Which dock is compatible with my computer?” or “Which pen is compatible with my computer?
  • Follow the prompts, answer the questions.
  • NOTE that in most cases, it is enough to search at the "series" level, or select a model similar to yours from the list within your model series.
  • Note that a compatible product result does not guarantee the HP Store carries that product in stock.

• Thanks for using the HP Virtual Assistant.

Example Questions: 

Which dock is compatible with my computer?

Is Thunderbolt dock compatible with my computer?

Which pen is compatible with my computer?

Notes:

• A compatible product result does not guarantee the HP Store carries that product.
  • If you “Finish” the Virtual Assistant chat session, the assistant uses the data to improve the behavior. 
  • The HP Virtual Assistant is not yet true “AI”, but finishing the inquiry does help the software get better over time.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" 

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.