Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy m6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently have an HP envy laptop (model m6 n-012dx) and the cursor on my screen will intermitently become erratic, very jumpy. It will start moving all over the screen, or jitter back and forth, and even minimize pages or open pages and links beyond my control. This happens even with my fingers off of the touchpad, so I know it is not a sensitivity issue. . My touchpad driver is up to date and all of my other drivers are up to date, so I know it's not an issue there. Oh, and I'm using Windows 8.1. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MU5TAFA19
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried with an external keyboard?
  • Have you performed a system factory Reset?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant:  Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for replaying on my problem

as i say in my last post every driver in my laptop is up to date. also i installed hp support assistant but there is now downloaded driver becuase its up to date.

second i tried with external keyboard and factory reset but my problem is still occur. i tried every solution.

my clickpad is still jump and move without touch the clickpad. please help me to fix this problem 

HP Recommended

@MU5TAFA19

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks you for replaying me. can i know what the issuse could be before i call any one?

if the problem in the clickpad, can you solve it without i give the laptop to hp customer support?

and sorry for my english language is weak

HP Recommended

@MU5TAFA19

To get the answer to this question, If its a hardware related issue with the touchpad, the system needs to be shipped out for repair. 

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and issue remains this confirms its not an issue with a software driver. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank u for replaying me .

i feel happeniess with saying u that finally i reach to solve this problem. the problem is not in software, but its hardware.

i contact with my friend. he is technical engineer. he open the laptob and solve the issue without changing touchpad part.

HP Recommended

@MU5TAFA19
Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sir, I am curious to know what your technical engineer friend did to correct the hardware issue?

@MU5TAFA19 wrote:

thank u for replaying me .

i feel happeniess with saying u that finally i reach to solve this problem. the problem is not in software, but its hardware.

i contact with my friend. he is technical engineer. he open the laptob and solve the issue without changing touchpad part.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.