Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do i turn off the touch pad when a mouse is in use

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

In theControl Panel, click on the mouse section.

There is a tick mark you can make which will disable internal pointing device when a mouse is detected as being in use.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i have had other computers where i was able to do this however my ENVY with windows 10  has no shuch check box.  there are all the other mouse control options for speed, size, wheel function etc. but no option to disable the touch pad,  nor does the touch pad setting 

any other ideas?

HP Recommended

It is easy to miss it. Look specifically for  "disable internal pointing device".

The internal pointing device in the case of a notebook is the touchpad.

How about identifying your notebook with its ProdID from the bottom amongst the tiny letters. 

You are asking a very specific question and have only provided me with general identification and that puts me at a bit of a disadvantage. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

ok sorry, 

HP ENVY x360 m Convertible Model 15m-cn0012dx

Product ID 3VU7OUA#ABA     SN#  8CG9131BDY

Contains Intel Radio Model 7265NGW

Is that of any help?

HP Recommended

My 2018 HP Product loan notebook (HP Spectre x360 -ch000)  has a Synaptics touchpad just as your notebook has. 

In the mouse properties dialogue of the Control Panel, below the click pad enable and click pad disable buttons, there is a line with a box for a checkmark which says  "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is connected".  

mouse.PNG

Do you not see that? 

If you don't see it, then perhaps you should reinstall the Synaptics touchpad driver for the Windows 10 version that is installed in your notebook. See the driver download section on the link below this line. In the driver-keyboard, Mouse and Input devices section.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-cn0000-x360-convertible-pc/20270297/mod...

HP Recommended

my screen does not have the touch pad button either. It is 15-db0005dx laptop win10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.