Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elitebookfolio 9480m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I properly connect my computer to my Sharp Aquos tv.  I do not have a HDMI port, and my USB port will connect, but that doesn't work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.  I think this will work.  I didn't know about the Display Port.  Since my original post I saw that the tv manual sugests using the RGB port with an RGB- HDMI cable, but a second cable for the audio would be needed as well.  Your answer sounds so much better.  Larry

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Ringo178,

I don't have enough information regarding the TV but what I'm assuming is that your TV only offers HDMI - correct?

If so, and your computer is the HP EliteBook Folio 9480m Notebook PC, you can utilize the DisplayPort on the right side of your laptop and purchase an inexpensive DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

Capture.PNG

An example adapter: https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Anbear-Desktops-converter-Displays/dp/B01AXI8MV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UT...

Then use a conventional HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the TV.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.  I think this will work.  I didn't know about the Display Port.  Since my original post I saw that the tv manual sugests using the RGB port with an RGB- HDMI cable, but a second cable for the audio would be needed as well.  Your answer sounds so much better.  Larry

HP Recommended

The suggested items have been ordered & I will be trying it out by the weekend.  Larry

HP Recommended

Hello, did the display port fix the issue?

I have the same laptop. I have bought 2 different VGA to HDMI adaptor. Neither one will let me display my laptop to the television.

HP Recommended

@mattdawson75 I don't exactly recommend a connection between VGA and HDMI even with a high-quality converter. Analog to Digital isn't great.

DisplayPort to HDMI would work best.

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.