Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-ee0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been noticing that my blue color on my laptop screen randomly keeps turning to this washed out look.  There's nothing wrong with my bios, but I can't seem to find a reason for causing it.  Closing my screen and opening it doesn't work as well

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Cocca

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen in the BIOS too?

Tapping the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen is supposed to get you to the menu of options. Then select the F10 option to access the BIOS.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No.  The colors only wash out when my laptop charger is unplugged.

HP Recommended

Let's do these updates:

Windows Updates -  

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

HP Support Assistant Updates -  

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn't work for me.

HP Recommended

@Daniel_Cocca

Ensure the Notebook has the latest BIOS version

Next reinstall the Graphics card driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Display Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Graphics driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Graphics driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.