Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
true vision hd with you cam
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have a dv7 notebook i use it to face time my grand daughter 2000 miles away one night it worked then the next night it said and still says theres no cam installed im going out of my mind i was told by the geek squad to factory reset my pc to the factory i did so and still the same no cam helpppppp my model dv7-6b77dx product number a1t57ua#aba

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@brett3472

To take care of the issue by taking control of your computer.

I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support depending on the product that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

comeon guys someone must know how to fix this

HP Recommended

@brett3472

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you facing this issue after an update?

The drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager. To resolve this problem, use the following steps:

1. Shut down your computer, and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery from the battery compartment. If your computer has a sealed battery that cannot be removed, then perform a reset. Go to HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop  for more information.

3. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, and then reinsert the battery and reconnect the power cord.

4. Turn on the computer and wait for Windows to open.

5. Click Start, type Device Manager in the search field, and select Device Manager from the list provided.

6. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Action drop-down with Scan for hardware changes selected

7. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, Use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the Webcam was working properly. If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally and requires service.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-dv7-6b00-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5145684/m... for your reference.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

hey raj my cam is in my sound video and gaming in my device manager and cant get it to work if you can remotly get in to my pc that would help

HP Recommended

and it deff isnt in imaging devices its in my ganes sound driver how do i fix that

HP Recommended

@brett3472

To take care of the issue by taking control of your computer.

I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support depending on the product that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.