Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-da0014dx

my webcam shows images in black and white. I use windows 10. it might be a problem with that but I can't find the driver need it to fix it

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nvw2001 Here's all you need to know, to fix the issue:

The webcam works, but the image is too dark or the video is choppy.

If the image is too dark, take the following actions:

• Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to get the  HP webcam firmware drive as it is suggested in a link you provided but I couldn't find it. So I still have the problem with my webcam

HP Recommended

@nvw2001 as explained in the post, the firmware only applies to the HP Envy 15-1000 Notebook PC series, if that's not what you have, other steps should work, have you attempted the other steps? If yes, and nothing works, please check if the webcam functions on the Windows camera application:

Find and use the webcam software that came with your computer

If your computer came with a built-in webcam, you can use the Camera app to record and share webcam video. The Camera app comes preinstalled on Windows 10 computers. It is also available to download for free in the Windows Store for Windows 10 and Windows 8.

In the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Camera.

Click 'Camera' in the search results

• If you can see an image, then you are finished. Your webcam is working.

• If you cannot see an image in the main display window, restart the computer, and then try again

Keep me posted

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.