Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have just recieved my hp pavilion x360 13-u105na and there are white dots (pixels) flickering which shows over dark images or screen, this disappears for a short while and comes back! how do i resolve this??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sali14

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand there are white pixels flickering over dark images on the screen

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure,
if the lines do not appear on the alternate monitor, replace the display assembly on your computer,
if there are lines on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the lines appear on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above.

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with a TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure,

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan)

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.