Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

I just purchased a new HP chrome Os Laptop and received it yesterday. From the very first boot up the screen looks washed out/white washed/hazy. I have bad eyesight so with the white wash/hazy appearance, it makes all of the Black text, pictures, etc look very faint. Which causes it to be very hard to see and or read. I've tried adjusting the brightness and it just makes it worse and theirs no where to adjust the saturation that i can find. I even tried making the font bigger so maybe i could see better but its not helping the fact that everything is still fuzzy/white washed/ hazy (the point of the font and style of the text that this comment is in was so i could see what i was typing. Even still this text looks grey instead of the BOLD BLACK that its supposed to be) . How do i fix this or can it even be fixed. i have a hp desktop and the color on it is amazing so when i received the laptop and the quality is no where near the same you can imagine my disappointment. Please help !! Before i decide to send the laptop back and switch to another brand , id like to hopefully fix the issue if possible. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If this was mine, I would return it for another -- and if that had the same issue, return that for a refund and buy something different.  You should expect to get a very good display from a new laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.