Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello guys, I need help; I have a notebook HP HDX x16T 1200 CTO premium series and today my notebook began with a problem, I don't know if is a defect on Video card or LCD screeen, I did a video on yourtube(check below) help me to find the possible problem with my notebook, this problem began 4 days ago and I did the update of the video driver but did not solved the problem and today stayed this way.  Now when I turn on show only this white screen.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeB4c3S-RvA&feature=youtu.be   

Any help it's wellcome

Thanks

Regards

Tiago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI,

If you can see a normal Windows desktop with an external  display connected the the problem is the LCD screen. Time to replace it.

Connecting the LCD and reconnecting it while it is live is not a great plan. the LCD screens are not hot-swappable items.

Merry Christmas Eve,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Tiagofbb wrote:

Hello guys, I need help; I have a notebook HP HDX x16T 1200 CTO premium series and today my notebook began with a problem, I don't know if is a defect on Video card or LCD screeen, I did a video on yourtube(check below) help me to find the possible problem with my notebook, this problem began 4 days ago and I did the update of the video driver but did not solved the problem and today stayed this way.  Now when I turn on show only this white screen.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeB4c3S-RvA&feature=youtu.be   

Any help it's wellcome

Thanks

Regards

Tiago

Connect an external display to see if the white screen is limited to your notebook display. If the external display is normal then your notebook display is failing but the video solution on the systemboard is OK.

Is the notebook still within its warranty period? (standard warranty is one year)

Best regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello friend, Thanks a lot for your answer I tried to connect Notebook to LED TV using HDMI cable but nothing there is not signal to TV, I did the same using my desktop monitor but nothing; do you think that can to be the Video card?? Is it possible to change the video card?? I have look on EBAY and I found some Video card compatible to this notebook but of course it's all used.

PLease any help it's well come

Thx and have nice week

Regards

Tiago

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, getting a white screen at boot up; however, It works fine when connected to an external monitor. Moreover, I swapped the Lcd pack to a new one, I still have the same problem - I need to metion as well that the system bd was also swapped on the unit as it was fried. could someone help? 

HP Recommended

@Tiagofbb wrote:

Hello friend, Thanks a lot for your answer I tried to connect Notebook to LED TV using HDMI cable but nothing there is not signal to TV, I did the same using my desktop monitor but nothing; do you think that can to be the Video card?? Is it possible to change the video card?? I have look on EBAY and I found some Video card compatible to this notebook but of course it's all used.

PLease any help it's well come

Thx and have nice week

Regards

Tiago

f your notebook is still in warranty I reccomend that you Contact HP for warranty service. Your notebook has a video chip issue and the simplest solution is to have that repaired under warranty.

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

@WoodyD wrote:

I have a similar problem, getting a white screen at boot up; however, It works fine when connected to an external monitor. Moreover, I swapped the Lcd pack to a new one, I still have the same problem - I need to metion as well that the system bd was also swapped on the unit as it was fried. could someone help? 

Hi,

please start your own thread.

regards,

erico

HP Recommended
Hello friend, Thx again, unfortunately my notebook is not in warranty; I just want to do the correct to solve that, I have checked on Ebay some Video cards and would like to ask your help again based on my notebook model, what of theses items would be compatible with my notebook. First my notebook is this:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&tmp_geoLoc=true&product=3884580

I found it these items on Ebay, is it compatible with my laptop??
1- http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=nc&Memory%2520Size=512%2520MB&_nkw=nVidia%20GeForce%209600M%20GT&_...

Plz help me

Regards

Tiago
HP Recommended
Most notebooks do not have video cards. Notebook PCs and desktop PCs are very different. The video in a notebook comes from a chip that is integrated (soldered ) into the chipset on the motherboard. Some noteboooks (usually higher end) have an additional discrete video module. It would be quite unusual for your notebook to require a discrete video module during boot into BIOS. For that reason I suggest that you not put cash into a product on eBay that may very well not be suitable for your notebook. Chances are that it would be a waste of money.

Sorry to bear bad news.

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Hello friend, Thanks again for your answer, I have news about my problem; today I opened my notebook and disconnected the lcd screen cable as you can see on video below and connected a VGA cable in another monitor and I can see the windows to start but when I connect again the lcd screen cable the image lost on external monitor, you can see also that I "shake" on screen to see if it's a problem with lcd screen flat cable, but I don't think so because I think with architecture of this laptop the problem would not be this cable, I think that the problem is the LCD screen, what do you think??

1- Link disconnecting the LCD screen cable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_A2sV5UDxo&feature=youtu.be

2- Link shaking the LCD screen laptop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8RdZFd_Mh0&feature=youtu.be

P.S: will be that I will have to change the LCD Sceen??

P.S: Today when I turn on the notebook I got to hear the windows start, but the white screen It remained

Hugs and Cheers to all there

Tiago

HP Recommended

HI,

If you can see a normal Windows desktop with an external  display connected the the problem is the LCD screen. Time to replace it.

Connecting the LCD and reconnecting it while it is live is not a great plan. the LCD screens are not hot-swappable items.

Merry Christmas Eve,

erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.