Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ryzen 7 13.3"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

windows hello option stopped working after 3 days. Some updating going on.  All ok in device manger.  deleted IR camara driver and reinstalled.   windows 10  64bit  ver.1709

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@arnoud
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Once the update is completed restart the computer and check the "Windows hello" features.

If the issue persists, please go ahead and check the biometric settings in Local Group Policy.

1. Use the Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch the Run.
  2. Type “gpedit.msc” and then hit the Enter.
  3.  Expand Computer Configuration and then go to Administrative Templates -> Windows Components –> Biometrics.
  4. Double-click it and then open the Allow the use of biometrics setting.
  5. Tick the Enabled option.
  6. Click the Apply and then OK.
  7. Apply the modification one more time to the Allow users to log on using biometrics setting.
  8. Restart your computer and let the modification take effect.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Echo-Lake, thanks for the response.   I solved the problem eventually by reinstalling the the ir camara related software "Realtek IR Camera Driver (Windows 10 v1709) - sp86832."   Thanks for your effort.

HP Recommended

@arnoud

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.