Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-dq1030ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I just picked up the above laptop for my mom and I'm having some serious WIFI troubles. The WIFI will connect but it jumps around from 0 to max bars, and even if it's showing full strength, it's crazy slow on 5ghz, like 40 down, and 4 up (my old phone sitting next to it is doing 300/300). I read through about 30 forum pages about swapping drivers and changing advanced settings but none of it has worked. I see there haven't been many posts about this recently so I figured I would start a new thread. Any help would be amazing! I currently have (2024.0.10.220) installed and this driver can at least stay connected to wifi, where as some of the older ones dropped connection or refused to connect. I'm pretty close to disabling the wifi all together and picking up a usb adapter but I'm hoping I don't have to go that route.

Thanks everyone.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a newer driver...this one...2024.0.10.221

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

If that doesn't help, also try this... 

Disable the "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter", if you have poor Wifi performance or Ping losses.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1614447062700.png

HP Recommended

Thanks! This boosted my speed to 80/20, but the connection is still bouncing from 1 to full bars. 80/20 is still very slow for 5ghz AC. 

I don't have Microsoft virtual adaptor listed in device manager.

I will give this a try for a bit and see how things go. As long as the connection remains stable I will be happy.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I guess the RTL8822 only has that option.

That is to create a WiFi hotspot.

HP Recommended

Greetings. I've been testing it for a few days and the issue remains. The wifi signal jumps up and down from 0 to max, and is still running very slow. On the positive side it doesn't seem to drop the connection anymore. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try out?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.