cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander331
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

15-cx0063nu WiFi card problem and replacement.

HP Recommended
15-cx0063nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm having a problem with my laptop which uses a Realtek RTL8822BE WiFi card. It seems that the adapter is on its way out. Speeds on 5GHz have been fluctuating between 10mbps and 240mbps depending on the driver installed (have literally tried all of the drivers available). The reception on 2.4GHz has been mediocre (can't connect to a router more than 5 meters away), paired with sub 10mbps speeds. Altogether the connection has been very unstable, getting random disconnects all the time. I've done some research and it seems that HP BIOS has some whitelist protection when installing new adapters. According to the laptop manual it should support an AC 9560 by Intel, but having read that it has problems of its own (code 10 errors) I'm having second thoughts. My question is does my exact model laptop support any different adapters that I might be better off buying or am I stuck with these 2. The AX200 from Intel for example seems like a really good choice but I'm unsure if it will work. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alexander331 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I'm afraid HP has tested and approved the below parts for your device and that's the only two cards that would work on it, although, I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

(see image below, for details click here and visit page. 18 Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation