1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

5GHz WiFi Adapter upgrade

HP Recommended
HP 14-ac005tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I don't have any problem, but I just wanted to say thank you to Paul_Tikkanen for solving my doubts about the choice of WiFi cards. I've heard of HP whitelisting compatible WiFi cards, and so I 've resorted to RTL8821CE he suggested over here, here, and here.

I bought one with HP part number on AliExpress for $4. I wasn't really sure the card will be compatible with my laptop (HP 14-ac005tx) because I can't find anyone with this exact model upgrading theirs, but when my I installed my new card it was smooth sailing. Literal plug and play.

Found my 5GHz WiFi right away. Bluetooth works, 5GHz Hotspot also works. So happy. Big thanks to Paul!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,310 119,423 20,750 31,844
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is great news, and thanks for letting us know that the RTL8821CE wifi card worked in your notebook.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,310 119,423 20,750 31,844
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is great news, and thanks for letting us know that the RTL8821CE wifi card worked in your notebook.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation