Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg2000 (4U8D6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

On 5GHz option, Download speed is 300 Mbps whereas Upload speed is 0.35 Mbps - yes not even 1 Mbps.  I can see it is a MediaTek MT7921 Wifi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter and I have the latest drivers installed. I uninstalled the Drivers (removed), reinstalled but no luck. On 2.4 GHz, download and upload speeds are around 70 Mbps which is pretty good. OS is up to date with patches. I even reverted the Wifi drivers to previous version and tested to see if it was a Driver problem but no luck. My router is TP Link Archer-C5. I tested 5 GHz speed test on my Mobile Phone (Cell Phone) using the same ISP and the speeds are pretty good. So, my guess is this is either something related to the driver or hardware itself. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed the issue - I logged into router settings (generally this is at 192.168.0.1) and under 5GHz Wifi settings, I updated (set) the following:

Mode: 802.11a/n/ac mixed

Encryption: Auto

Channel: 48

Channel Width: 40 MHz

Specifically, I think it is the Channel and Channel Width setting change listed above that helped.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AbiPk wrote:

On 5GHz option, Download speed is 300 Mbps whereas Upload speed is 0.35 Mbps - yes not even 1 Mbps. ..

@AbiPk 

Please ask your provider. Many providers have plans with upload speed much slower than download speed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I fixed the issue - I logged into router settings (generally this is at 192.168.0.1) and under 5GHz Wifi settings, I updated (set) the following:

Mode: 802.11a/n/ac mixed

Encryption: Auto

Channel: 48

Channel Width: 40 MHz

Specifically, I think it is the Channel and Channel Width setting change listed above that helped.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.