Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good News - I received the card, installed it easily, Updated the drivers per your links & started feeling waaaay to good. Network speeds are about half of what I had with the old card.My Wifi Status has great signal but a speed of only 300Mbps. I have another laptop with an ac card in it and the WIFI Status says 866 Mbps.

With the lan cable plugged in, it is also running about half speed. I am using both Fast.com and Ookla speedtest on both computers to compare.

Any thoughts on adjustments?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you ordered the Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo  HP part #730668-001, the max speed is only 300 MBPS as I had posted in my second reply.  That one is the dual band N card.

The Broadcom Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo  HP Part #724935-001, is the AC card that connects at 867 MBPS max.

HP Recommended

Yes, reading thoroughly is helpful. I ordered the other card. Should either card affect the speed of the ethernet connection?

HP Recommended

Hi:

No reason I can think of as to why that would be.

The ethernet adapter your notebook has a maximum throughput of 100 MBPS.

HP Recommended

OK, now I need to know if the ethernet adapter can be changed for a 10/100/1000 adapter?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that would not be possible,

The ethernet adapter is an integral part of the motherboard.

Your only option for faster ethernet speeds would be to purchase a USB to RJ-45 gigabit ethernet adapter and plug it into your notebook's USB 3 port.

Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B00BBD7NFU/ref=sr_1_18_sspa?dchi...

HP Recommended

Back again - First  THANK YOU for all your help.

I installed the The Broadcom Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP Part #724935-001, is the AC card that connects at 867 MBPS max.

The driver is from 2016 and seems to be the latest one I could find - Version 7.35.352.0.

At first, it has great speads- downloads of 180mbps. but after a few minutes or if I leave the computer for a little while, the speeds go down under 1 mbps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device but the results are the same. The fast speed doesn't hold.

Thoughts on possible issues or troubleshooting process?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is the latest driver.

As far as the speeds...that I do not know.

Maybe go into the advanced settings for the card i the device manager and uncheck the turn off device to save power, and in the the power settings section of the control panel, make sure the wifi card is set to max power.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.