Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot add my bluetooth headphones, or any other device. When scanning for devices, all show up as "Unknown Device (except my Fitbit Charge 2!).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rein23

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that it shows 

"Unknown Device" when you add the bluetooth headphones. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

Check the device settings and location

Check the following items to troubleshoot Bluetooth issues.

• Make sure the device is turned on, is not low on battery power, and is not in sleep mode.

• Make sure the device is within wireless range of your computer, usually within six to nine feet. If you are not sure if the device is in range, move it closer to your computer, or put the device and computer in the same room.

• Make sure there are no other devices interfering with the wireless device, such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, or other wireless devices.

• If your computer uses an external Bluetooth adapter, make sure the adapter is attached and installed, and is working correctly.

• If Bluetooth is integrated in your computer, especially a notebook computer, make sure the Bluetooth radio transmitter is turned on. Many notebook computers have a button to turn the transmitter on and off. If you are not sure how to turn on the transmitter, check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer website.

HP computers are not always compatible with all Bluetooth devices. You may experience connection issues on newer Bluetooth devices if you are using older Bluetooth device drivers on your computer. HP recommends downloading and installing the latest Bluetooth drivers for your Bluetooth-enabled computer.

Go to the Drivers and Download page for your HP product to download and install the latest Bluetooth driver.

If you installed third-party Bluetooth hardware on your computer, visit the hardware manufacturer’s website to check for Bluetooth driver updates.

See the Obtaining Software and Drivers support document for more information about keeping your computer's software and drivers up-to-date.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2GcFg1V

(Note:Though this document is for Windows 8, these steps should work for Windows 10 also)

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.