Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MODEL 17z-cp000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good morning guys, I purchased a new laptop a couple of weeks ago that was running Windows 10, it crashed with a software issue 

I had a licensed Windows 8.1 Pro install disk which I much prefer over windows 10 so added a second SS 2.5” drive & installed 8.1 Pro

my issue is that Windows 8.1 disk does not have the drivers for the combo network/Bluetooth adapter in the laptop & I cannot connect to the internet to download a driver/software file

i am subscribed to driver toolkit & love that program

Cam someone help me find a driver that will at least let me connect to the internet & then I know driver toolkit will fix all my driverd

HERE IS MY DETAILS

MODEL 17z-cp000

SERIAL# [Personal Information Removed]

PRODUCT#

order number is [Personal Information Removed]

HP 17 Laptop PC

Product number: 2V2H8AV 

Serial # : 5CG??????????

17.3" diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, anti-glare, 250 nits

No DVD or CD Drive

256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Full-size island-style natural silver keyboard with numeric keypad

Security Software Trial

16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)

Realtek Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5.2 combo (Supporting Gigabit data rate)

No Additional Office Software

Windows 10 Home 64 Plus

HP TrueVision HD Camera + dual array digital microphone (Natural Silver)

3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery

AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700U (up to 4.3 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 8 cores, 16 threads) + AMD Radeon™ Graphics

Natural silver

The problem I have is that I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro & I need suitable drivers to run your chipssets in the Network & Bluetooth
Here is my issues with device manager

I simply cannot con

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will need to use a USB wifi adapter to connect to the Internet.

HP only has Windows 10 drivers for the Realtek AX wifi adapter your notebook comes with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.