Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp notebook 15dw0008ca

Since he most recent Bios update ( July 6th 2020 ) my laptop will not connect to any WIFI.  I have done everything possible… my IT level guys are baffled….  nothing fixes this FOR GOOD.

I called HP… ( I bought my laptop June 28th 2019 )… and they said that my warranty was done for 8 days… that they could help with 60 $ now and 20 $ a month after that.

Anyone else has this problem ?  In my opinion, that is programmed obsolescence and it's illegal.. My legal department is looking into it and I want to gather as many people with the same problem as possible.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@OlivierD, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue - Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting.

If the issue occurred only after the BIOS update, perform a BIOS recovery.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning Kumar...

Honnestly… I did all of these steps and my IT level 1, 2, and 3 have worked on my laptop for about 3 days and couldn't fix it permanently.

Seems like HP did an amazing job in screwing up the Bios so that they can collect from their tech support after the warranty is gone.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue and have found no solution. I cannot connect to my remote desktop for work or access any major material and I start back at university in a week (great timing right?). Warranty on mine ended a little over a week ago as well.

HP Recommended

If you find a solution, please let me know.  For now, all I am able to do is share the wifi connection from my cell to my laptop.  Hope that helps temporarely.   Make sure you do not only activate MOBILE HOT SPOT but also WIFI SHARING  not to consume all of you data.

HP Recommended

@ehudg, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

NOPE !  I WILL NOT BUY YOUR SUPPORT PACKAGE AT 60$ AT START AND THEN 20$ A MONTH FOR A MISTAKE YOU GUYS DID WITH THE BIOS UPDATE.  JUST FIX IT !

HP Recommended

By the way, I just ran the new Bios Update and it didn't fix the WIFI connection problem……  getting pissed off here….big time..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.