Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Stream Notebook 13 Model K3Y65UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, My HP Steam Notebook 13 USB was working yesterday letting me stream to a speaker device. However, suddenly today the bluetooth icon is not in my toolbar at the bottom of the laptop. I found where the bluetooth turn on/off bar was and wifi turn on/off bar. The wi fi was turned on, but the Bluetooth bar was off and would not let me click to enable it. In device manager/view hidden icons I saw the bluetooth  icons. However, when I right click on them I am getting an error code 45:Hardware Device not connected to pc. Try reconnecting to pc. I tried updating drivers, but says all drivers are the latest. Rebooted pc, no help either.Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks for your input. Maybe just get a bluetooth USB adapter?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Before you go out an buy a USB Bluetooth adapter, see if this works.

Download and save the latest W8.1 BT driver for your notebook's Realtek wifi card.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98266.exe

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Bluetooth device manager category.

Right click on the Realtek bluetooth adapter listed there, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC, and install the updated BT driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.