Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 4515s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI. We dont use the bluetooth very often so I am unsure of when it dissapeared but there  is no bluetooth on this PC. No icon, no software, i've gone through troubleshooting manuels and they all head towards areas where there should be a bluetooth icon or software etc but its just gone. I have tried re-installing drivers etc but nothing seems to be working. Can you please let me know how i can go about re-installing bluetooth onto my laptop. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @ReesN

Install this software and restart the PC.

This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that shows the status of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that provides the ability to control the radios for these wireless devices.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49018.exe

Use the software to turn on the bluetooth radio.

If it states no bluetooth is present, then your PC did not come with the optional bluetooth module.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ReesN

Are you sure your machine has Bluetooth ? If yes, please try the following driver

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @ReesN

Install this software and restart the PC.

This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that shows the status of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that provides the ability to control the radios for these wireless devices.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49018.exe

Use the software to turn on the bluetooth radio.

If it states no bluetooth is present, then your PC did not come with the optional bluetooth module.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul, thank you for the reply. I can see that the Bluetooth has been disabled as per the wireless assistant. I have followed the notes but for the love of life, I cant figure out how to turn it on. I have followed to the windows mobility centre, under the wireless assistant, but there is nothing in there to turn it on. I am now getting notification from the Assistant advising bluetooth is disabled but when I click on it, nothing happens.

I will say that I am not very fix savy when it comes to computers and need step by step instructions, but have been unable to find them. Any help with this would be amazing. Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You probably have to install the correct bluetooth driver for the HP bluetooth module your notebook has, which is this one...

This package contains the software required to support the HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology provides wireless connectivity to other devices from the integrated module of the supported notebooks/laptops. It also provides additional Bluetooth Profiles.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46063.exe

HP Recommended

Hey Paul. Thanks for your reply.

I have run the Hp Package but it seems to have done nothing. After further reading it appears that I need to activate the bluetooth in the PC's Bios ?? but on start up when I push F10 it goes to a HP administrator page and asks for a password, is this normal? Where do I find this password? 

I have realised when I got them to install Windows 7 on this PC, that is the last time it worked, so upon loading it, I dont think they thought to activate it.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is possible there is something that needs to be enabled in the BIOS, but if it has a password, then I have no idea how to clear it, since it is a business model notebook.

You would have to contact HP technical support, and ask them to send you a smc.bin file if one is available to clear the BIOS P/W.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.