Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-a071a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. My bluetooth on my PC has disappeared.  It connected once and then has disappeared never to be found again.  I am desperate to connect my Bluetooth device again so would be most appreciative of some help please

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nznonna,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Bluetooth is working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Check these things before you start troubleshooting Bluetooth on your device:

Check your product information

If you’re setting up a new device and Bluetooth is missing, check the product specifications to make sure it has Bluetooth capabilities. Some devices don’t have Bluetooth.

Make sure Bluetooth is turned on

If you're using a laptop with a physical Bluetooth switch on the body, make sure it’s switched on.

In Windows 10, there are two ways to check if Bluetooth is turned on. Here’s how:

• Check in the taskbar. Select action center ( or ). If you don’t see Bluetooth, select Expand to reveal Bluetooth, then select Bluetooth to turn it on. You’ll see “Not connected” if your Windows 10 device isn’t paired to any Bluetooth accessories.
  • Check in Settings. Select Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Devices   > Bluetooth & other devices . Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.

Note: When you turn Bluetooth on in Settings, the following message appears immediately:

"Now discoverable as <computer_name>"

Check your Bluetooth device

Make sure your device is turned on, is charged or has fresh batteries, and is in range of the PC you want to connect to. Then, try the following:

• Turn off your Bluetooth device, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
  • Make sure your Bluetooth device is in range. If your Bluetooth device is unresponsive or sluggish, check to make sure it’s not too close to any other USB device that’s plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Unshielded USB devices can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth connections.

Check your PC

On the PC you want to pair to:

• Make sure airplane mode is off: Select Start , then select Settings  > Network & Internet  > Airplane mode . Make sure Airplane mode is turned off.
  • Turn Bluetooth on and off: Select Start , then select Settings  > Devices  > Bluetooth & other devices . Turn off Bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
  • Remove the Bluetooth device, then add it again: Select Start , then select Settings  > Devices  > Bluetooth & other devices .. In Bluetooth, select the device you’re having problems connecting to, and then select Remove device > Yes.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.