03-29-2017 03:06 PM
I just recently bought a pair of Sony bluetooth wireless headphones. They have paired perfectly well with my iPhone and Bose speaker, but will not with my HP 15 Notebook laptop. I've charged them, turned them on, tried searching, and my computer still claims no devices were found. How/can I connect them?
03-31-2017 09:10 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP 15 Notebook. I understand that you are unable to connect the Bluetooth headphones to your notebook and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
- Press the Windows + W keys on the keyboard, type device manager into the Search field for Settings, and then click Device Manager from the list of results.
- On the Device Manager window, double-click to expand the Network adapters list and look for Bluetooth.
- If there are Bluetooth devices listed in Device Manager, your computer has Bluetooth hardware installed.
- Download the Bluetooth drivers.
Click here for more troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Let me know how it goes.
I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,
Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.
I am an HP Employee
12-10-2018 03:53 AM - edited 12-10-2018 03:55 AM
I had the same issue with my Sony MDR-1000X.
Start Settings --> Bluetooth & other devices.
Add a device --> Bluetooth (Mice, keyboards, pens, or audio and other kinds of Bluetooth devices)
1. Switch off headphones - voice: - "Power Off";
2. Switch on headphones - voice: - "Power On";
3. Hold on power on switch for 3-5 sec - voice: - "Bluetooth pairing";
Now you should see your headphones under "Bluetooth & other devices".