Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 8570w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP LY552ET#ABU. It can not detect the bluetooth module.

In the bios setting it does not have a way to enable the bluetooth. I read in another forum there is an entry that it can be enabled in a list in the bios. Bluetooth does not appear there.

It does not appear in any list in windows.

I opened the base of the laptop has it has a blueooth module.

Module product is BCM 92070MD_REF

I only started wanting to use the bluetooth now since i got it. Does the bios need to be updated to use it?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try to install Broadcom Bluetooth software from the following link:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5257503&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4058

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply. Does it have to appear in the bios setting also?

HP Recommended

@evoke wrote:

thanks for the reply. Does it have to appear in the bios setting also?

Hi,

No way you can enable it in BIOS, or no need to.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I tried installing that software and it said it could not detect the bluetooth module. It didnt fullying install then.  I enabled the bluetooth service in microsoft also.

I have the bluetooth module. If I take the tray out under the laptop it exposes the circuit boards. I can see the bluetooth module to the front of the laptop.

Is there any thing i can do to get it working?

evoke

thanks

HP Recommended

@evoke wrote:

I tried installing that software and it said it could not detect the bluetooth module. It didnt fullying install then.  I enabled the bluetooth service in microsoft also.

I have the bluetooth module. If I take the tray out under the laptop it exposes the circuit boards. I can see the bluetooth module to the front of the laptop.

Is there any thing i can do to get it working?

evoke

thanks

How did you verify that was the bluetooth??

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

The bluetooth module had this serial number on it.

BCM 920702MD_REF6h

http://www.notebookparts.com/lenovo-ideapad-z580-bluetooth-rf-0b42389/

HP Recommended

Does anyone have an answer to this.

I have a HP 8460p which also has a bluetooth module at the front. It also is not showing anywhere in the bios. Ubuntu does not see any bluetooth hardware.

I replaced the bluetooth module with one that I know works and it still does not show anywhere in bios or OS.

Can there be another fault somewhere else which is causing this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.