Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 245 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth not working in HP 245 G5

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Re: Can't connect to internet
Options
‎09-14-2017 11:54 AM
Reading through the other posts on this forum will lead you to similar issues being posted and steps to take to restore connectivity.

These steps will help:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

OUgrad
Intern

Message 2 of 2(13 Views)
Report Inappropriate Content
Re: WIFI Button Stays Orange After Win10 64-bit Upgrade From Win7 - Will Not Connect

Options
‎09-13-2017 03:12 PM
P.S. to the above. I found this helpful link.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/airplane-mode-turning-off-windows-10-fixed-jingyansu-choudhury

I tried Solution 1: Change Network Adapter Properties in the link above, steps 1-5, and it worked. My WIFI Button was blue again. The hard-reset in my first Post only worked one time. OUgrad

HP Recommended

My WiFi is working fine, but can't connect any Bluetooth devices. Also, "bluetooth" is not present in Device Manager.

HP Recommended
Is there anything listed in device manager as other or unknown?
HP Recommended

I don't think so.

I'm attaching the screenshot of the same.

Device managerDevice manager 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

"Bluetooth" still not visible in Device manager.

Also, Bluetooth was working in Windows 10 home version which came preinstalled with it. But when I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro version, Bluetooth is neither working in windows nor in Ubuntu 

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

It is showing a category for other on the second screenshot

HP Recommended

There is nothing called "Bluetooth" in 'Other".

Also, consider the facts which I listed in the previous reply

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

There are unknown devices there, which will probably clear up, when you download and install the Bluetooth drivers for your notebook from support.hp.com

Realtek RTL8723BE Bluetooth Driver
By downloading, you agree to HP's terms and conditions. HP Software License Agreement.
Type:
Driver
Version:
1.0.0.59 Rev.A
Operating Systems:
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date:
Nov 10, 2016
File name:
sp78310.exe (47.9 MB)
Download Options:
Email link Download Now
HP recommends downloading and reviewing README/Release Notes files before installing drivers, software and firmware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.