Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G0
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Searched all over and cannot connect bluetooth (used to work years ago)

1. Control > sound > Only speakers HP and headphone … NO ‘Bluetooth audio’
  2. Device manager > show hidden devices > Nothing with name Bluetooth
    However, under ‘other devices’ it shows Bluetooth controller (with yellow !) and not installed (code 28). Chose install automatic, searched, found nothing.
  3. ‘services.msc’ > Bluetooth support services > properties

1.png

Log on = Local system account…tick allow

Recovery …restarts service next to 1st and 2nd

Dependencies …..

2.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Bluetooth peripheral device needs something else that Microsoft no longer supports.

Fortunately, I saved the files before Microsoft removed them from their support site.

Watch this video for how to install the BT Peripheral device...

How to fix missing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device - YouTube

I have shared the link to my Skydrive folder with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ccQgMd 

Download, unzip and install the file labeled Windows Mobile Device Ctr-x64.zip, and follow the instructions from the video to install the BT Peripheral device.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What model wireless network adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

You need to install the same model Bluetooth driver for the model wireless network adapter your notebook comes with.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul  

Network adapters for Win 7 Probiik 450G0
Anchorfree tap windows adapter v9

MSoft virtual wifi miniport adapter

ralink rt3290 802.11 wifi adapter

realtek pcie gbe family controller

other devices ....bluetooth controller  (but with yellow ! mark)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need to install this Ralink BT driver and then the BT should work.

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. Download went okay but ended like this? ?

xyzxyz

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Bluetooth peripheral device needs something else that Microsoft no longer supports.

Fortunately, I saved the files before Microsoft removed them from their support site.

Watch this video for how to install the BT Peripheral device...

How to fix missing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device - YouTube

I have shared the link to my Skydrive folder with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ccQgMd 

Download, unzip and install the file labeled Windows Mobile Device Ctr-x64.zip, and follow the instructions from the video to install the BT Peripheral device.

HP Recommended

Sorry I'm messing you around. Downloaded 'Windows Mobile Device Ctr x64' and open it - tried to instal but get this..

Either there is no default mail client  or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Pse run M Outlook and set it as the default mail client. 

My Outlook 2010 is set as default .... tried it twice. I think I should give up..... Outlook > General > at the bottom "start up options"  clicked "make Outlook the default ....

Thanks

Downloaded this and 'open' it and tried to instal

HP Recommended

Hi:

I just downloaded the file from my Skydrive folder, unzipped it and installed it on my W10 PC with no problem, so unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why you are getting any errors.

HP Recommended

You tried hard but this old head cannot cope with modern technology (81y) Bi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.