Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It's a bit of an odd one, so bear with me here

Let me preface by saying I was previously on windows 11 (fresh install after hard drive replacement, at this point, Bluetooth worked fine), but later downgraded by using a 1509 iso and compatibility settings to trick it into allowing the downgrade while keeping all my files, then afterwards updating to 21h2.

The issues began when I wasn't able to pair with my earbuds. I tried removing them from registry, as well as device manager. What ultimately worked was using that "Device Enumeration and Pairing C++" Preview that Microsoft released on the store to unpair them, then I was able to connect. Since then, Bluetooth on windows has only worked one other time, and never again worked properly. I can connect and use already paired devices fine (I had paired one of two controllers during that "One other time" I mentioned, and the buds connected and worked fine too). But when trying to pair new devices, nothing shows up.

I tried the most common suggested fixes:

• Turning on and off Bluetooth (lmao)
  • Reinstalling drivers (First uninstalling from device manager)
  • Restarting bthserv
  • Running the troubleshooter

It can't be a hardware issue because it works perfectly on both my Linux install and my Hackintosh (Exact same hardware, I triple boot).

While looking around event viewer, I found a log that might be related:

The description for Event ID 129 from source BHTPCRDR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\RaidPort1

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Edit: The log ended up being entirely unrelated, and after a bit of searching, appears to be for my SD card reader driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.