Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre - 13-v133tu and using a HP Bluetooth mouse. Have been using the mouse for a few months now without any problems.

This afternoon whilst using the PC the mouse stopped working for no reason. When I went through the troubleshooting it tells me that Bluetooth is not available on that device, there is no driver in the Device Manager. I ran through the troubleshooting to reinstall the driver and after a number of attempts, the Bluetooth driver reappeared but its still not working. The driver has a yellow exclamation mark. when I go to Settings - Bluetooth & Other Devices there is no button to turn the bluetooth on/off, and under mouse it says the Bluetooth has been turned off. I've gone right through the suggestions of the Virtual Agent with no luck.

PS at one point in trying everything and anything I uninstalled the Bluetooth App that was in Apps & Features, I went to the App Store but can't download again, it says I already own it. 

Please help if you can, I'm at a loss on what to do now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @JulitoL 

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with an Intel Dual band wireless-AC 8260 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter (non-vPro).

Download and save the latest BT driver for that adapter from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29125/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=8606...

Go to the windows control panel, programs>uninstall a program.

If there is any Intel Bluetooth software listed there, uninstall it.

Restart the PC and install the above BT driver you saved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I suggest using the HP Support Assistant. 

It will help you find the appropriate drivers.

You will need to reinstall the Bluetooth driver since you have uninstalled it.

Once you have installed the drivers you will need to add the bluetooth mouse device again so you can connect to it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @JulitoL 

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with an Intel Dual band wireless-AC 8260 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter (non-vPro).

Download and save the latest BT driver for that adapter from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29125/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=8606...

Go to the windows control panel, programs>uninstall a program.

If there is any Intel Bluetooth software listed there, uninstall it.

Restart the PC and install the above BT driver you saved.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul...awesome work, mouse is  ow back online. 

Really appreciate your help on this.

Have a very Merry Christmas

Julio

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Julio.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.