Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP proBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Deal expert,

After upgrading to Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit f 32 bit, from Windows 7 professional, facing problems with WiFi connections, my Notebook can not connect to available WiFi networks, does not show WiFi adapter under network adapter, showing only LAN adapter of Realtek controller 'Realtek PCIe GBE family controller'. Two other devices displayed under network adapter are:

1. Bluetooth device (Personal area network)

2. Bluetooth device (RFCOMM protocol TDI)

I had found in BIOS setting for WLAN and Bluetooth as:

1. WLAN FCC ID........... PPD-AR5B225

2. bluetooth FCC ID......PPD-AR5B225

Given for built-in device options which I am confused about, please try to clear me:

Not Selected(Not tick marked) for Embedded WLAN device

Not tick marked for LAN/WLAN switching

Tick marked Embedded LAN controller

Tick marked Embedded Bluetooth device

My Bluetooth devices are working and I can use this facility.

But I am not able to use my wiFi facility with mange wireless connections icon absent, not any signal strengh symbol for wire less networks in taskbar.

You are very much requested to reply to my problems.

thanks

servent of the Almighty

email: abdussalambd68@gmail.com

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello hire1,

Please provide the Product number for your PC

Please try restoring BIOS to defaults :

Tap F10 at the start up. Under File>Restore Defaults>Save changes and Exit.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the Atheros wireless network adapter is not showing up under the Network Adapters device manager category, and there is no device labeled as a Network Controller under an Other Devices category, see if installing this software and restarting the PC allows you to turn on the wireless card.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64316.exe

Not Selected(Not tick marked) for Embedded WLAN device is correct.

Your notebook has a removable wireless network adapter. It is not part of the motherboard like the ethernet chip is.

If none of the above works, then most likely the wireless chip on the wireless card has failed and the wireless card will need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

My notebook 

Product Number: D5J18PA#UUF

Should I open the notebook to see the manufacturer nam eof the wireless adapter?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The FCC ID you posted tells the name of the wireless network adapter.

You have an Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter.

Do you see a device listed as a Network Controller under an Other Devices category?

If you do, then you need to install the wireless card driver for that model wlan card from your notebook's support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.