Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Booklet printing:  I am preparing a booklet, somewhat like a small theatre program, for an large anniversary gala, but cannot find any information or categories that fit booklet printing.  I need to know how to lay out pages so they will print 2 on 1 (on 8 1/2" x 11" paper) in proper order for booklet assembly.  I'm running short of time.  Please help!!

Judiann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Judiann,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

The following applies to Microsoft Word:

How To Create Printable Booklets in Microsoft Word

WordPad, shipped with most versions of Windows, may have the necessary options, although WordPad is limited in scope.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show appreciation and say Thanks.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Judiann,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

The following applies to Microsoft Word:

How To Create Printable Booklets in Microsoft Word

WordPad, shipped with most versions of Windows, may have the necessary options, although WordPad is limited in scope.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show appreciation and say Thanks.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with a laserjet pro M252dw.   I have trawled through the forums and found little or no help.  The only thing which came close to helping was a suggestion that some drivers are faulty and need to be changed.  However, I feel that in my case it may well be a problem of user ignorance.  Could somebody please just list the settings we should be using.  

questions-  If I want to print four pages on one a4 sheet should the original text be on a5, or should it be a4 and then the hp software shrinks it to half a4 to fit? because it is shrinking down to smaller than the original text this seems logical.

Should the paper orientation be portrait (as the individual pages are portrait) or landscape, as each page would be portrait, but the two portrait orientated pages should be printed on one landscape orientated sheet.   I have tried both ways but somehow it seems to come out the same anyway.

Should the double page printing be set to flip on the short side (it is short side of the physical sheet of paper being printed on, but long side if you take the pages being printed)

Somewhere there should be a simple answer as to what the correct settings should be, and if we follow those settings and it still doesn't work, then we can look for further answers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.