Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g6 2206tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hey there,

i have hp pavilion g6 2206tx notebook laptop and i have issue with my network adapter (old relink Wi-Fi adaptor) was stopped working so i had replaced the old ralink with broadcom 802.11 wireless  adaptor but and also install specific driver for it on my laptop but now when ever i restart my laptop it will stop working...

this is like when i shutdown and power on my laptop it will work but if i restart laptop it will stop working the option for Wi-Fi toggle is disabled i can not turn it on and after simple shutdown and startup this fill start working as normally.... so please any one from hp give me the fix for this how can i fix this problem...

the Wi-Fi adapter details is given below...

Screenshot (4).png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to update the Wifi driver...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66495.exe

HP Recommended

Okay i will try and update the driver but if this will not work then is thaere any other way or something that can fix this problem or can i make changes in BIOS or oprating system or anything from your point of view?

Thank for your reply 😊

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What model Broadcom wifi card does your notebook have?

If it is only a single band card (2.4 GHz only), such as the BCM4313, I recommend you replace it with the newer dual band model that even works on W10.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001.

You can find this card on eBay or maybe Ali Express.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.