Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 AC098TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i am using this laptop quite a long but facing issue with wifi connectivity, post start it frequently loosing the connection or wifi speed degraded not sure why as i have updated the drivers and my other devices are working fine on 2.4/5 Ghz. This laptop card doesn't support 5 Ghz band so i was looking to upgrade the card to dual band.

While doing research i came to know that this laptop has single antenna while it for dual band required two.

Could you please let me know how to install 2nd antenna and compatible wifi dual band card for the same.

Is this card a dual card for wifi and bluetooth?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ajay84

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

For the issue with the connectivity try these steps:

Right-click on START --> Device Manager * Expand Network Adaptors * Right-click on the Wireless Adapter --> Properties --> Advanced tab * Select the Roaming Aggressiveness and change the value to be Highest * Restart the computer. If that does not help, please try the below steps * Right-click on START --> Run --> Services.msc * Get to the Standard tab at the bottom of the window * Search for WLAN AutoConfig -- right-click --> STOP * Restart the computer

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

However, to help you with the compatible components, I would need the serial and product number in a private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.