Welshboy94
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Built in WIFI Adaptor not working

Pavilion

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some help to fix an issue I've been experiencing since I purchased my notebook.

Every time I leave the notebook for a length of time and it goes into standby or if I close the lid and leave it, upon restarting I am no longer able to use the WIFI. I have searched online and tried multiple things but nothing seems to fix it except shutting it down and reloading. As you can imagine as a student and having to redo this every single time it becomes quite frustrating having to reload everything every time, where I should be able to just open the lid and carry on where I left off.

Bit more on the issue itself - When I say the WIFI stops working I don't mean that it simply disconnects from network or that it cant connect, the notebook itself literally does not recognise there is even an adaptor built into it and the only option available to connect would be via an ethernet cable. I have searched to see if the device has simply turned off and needs turning on, but this is also not the case it simply says it is not connected like it doesn't even exist. 

I literally have run out of ideas and options now and cannot find any fixes that work or many threads that also experience the issue. I have even tried changing the setting where closing the lid does nothing to the WIFI and it still does it.

Any help or known fixes would be massively appreciated

Thanks in advance 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,499 1,499 77 135
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Welshboy94 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that HP laptop after woke up from the sleep mode, the internet will not connect.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box to open Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager window, expand Network Adapters and look for your WiFi driver, do a right-click on it, select Properties.

3. In the property sheet, switch to the Power Management tab and uncheck the option. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.

You may now close Device Manager and restart the machine to get your issue fixed.

Please refer to the below video shows how to change the settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nc_p9g7iI

Note: The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

0 Kudos
Welshboy94
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already tryed this step it does not fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,499 1,499 77 135
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Welshboy94

Thank you for the update.

Please Check if any HP support assistance drivers pending and Windows updates are pending.

Please perform the system restore and check.

Please refer to the below link to perform the system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Welshboy94
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated everything and issue still occurs. When opening laptop lid it shows no lan connection if I open up network then to to look at what's connected it only shows lan (not connected) or bluetooth. It doesnt even recognise that it has a wifi adaptor. 

The issue is not with connecting to the internet it's the laptop not recognising it can do it via wifi.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,499 1,499 77 135
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Welshboy94

Thank you for the update.

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 
I have a few steps to resolve the issue:  

• Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link  

• Update the bios by visiting this link or through a support assistant using an Ethernet cable.  

• Now try to connect to the internet wireless.    

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

Please let us know the result.

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation