Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

By mistake I installed a different bluetooth radio driver and now my bluetooth is not visible and I'm not able to use bluetooth

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Patric251,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you have installed a different Bluetooth radio driver and now your Bluetooth is not visible, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Rollback the driver: If you suspect that the new driver is causing the problem, you can try to roll back to the previous driver. To do this, go to "Device Manager" (search for it in the Start menu), find your Bluetooth device, right-click on it, and select "Properties." In the "Driver" tab, click on "Roll Back Driver" and follow the instructions.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the driver: If rolling back the driver does not work, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. To do this, go to "Device Manager," find your Bluetooth device, right-click on it, and select "Uninstall device." Then restart your computer, and the driver should be automatically reinstalled.
  • Check if Bluetooth is turned on: Sometimes, Bluetooth can be turned off, which would make it invisible. To check if Bluetooth is turned on, go to "Settings" > "Devices" > "Bluetooth & other devices" and make sure that the switch is turned on.
  • Check for Windows updates: It's possible that a Windows update may have caused the issue. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "Update & Security" > "Windows Update" and click on "Check for updates." If there are any updates available, install them and restart your computer.
  • Restore your system: If none of the above steps work, you can try to restore your system to a previous point when Bluetooth was working correctly. To do this, go to "Control Panel" > "System and Security" > "System" > "System protection" and click on "System Restore." Follow the instructions to choose a restore point and restore your system.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.