Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

when I opened device manager at that time I found that, portable devices COM port option disappeared from device manager. What should I have to do to resolve this issue...Capture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

Product Name: HP15R033TX

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when I opened device manager at that time I found that, portable devices COM port option disappeared from device manager. What should I have to do to resolve this issue...Capture1.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your machine and its Operating system ? My loan machine (laptop Spectre x360 15.6") does not have COM port too. Many machines with Windows 10 won't have COM port.

com.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

Product Name: HP15R033TX

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following fix:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/ports-com-and-lpt-not-in-device-...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

tyhe solution posted does not work!! enable hidden does nothing....the bios on this machine has literally 3 changable options and nothing to do with the actual workings of the computer!!!! How do you enable COM ports on this machine...4 hrs of searching with nothing to show for it!! total waste of a day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.