Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n065sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Please can anyone advise me with an wifi adaptor that will work with my Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n065sa?
I have at the moment the standard RTK8188ee with b/g/n but I want an AC one and if possible with bluetooth on it.
I am looking to spend up to around 40USD or GBP on a good wifi adaptor.
I have a 1Gbps fiber optic connection and an Asus dsl ac55u AC1200 router and I want to use both 2.4 and 5GHz networks.
Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

First confirm that your notebook has two antenna cables attached to the Realtek wifi card in there now.

Here is the service manual.  The wifi card R & R procedures can be found in chapter 5, starting on page 49.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04439615

If your notebook has two antenna cables attached to the wifi card in there now, you can upgrade to this wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0                HP Part #710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Shouldn't cost you more than $25 USD.  I got one for $19.00 a few weeks ago on eBay.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

First confirm that your notebook has two antenna cables attached to the Realtek wifi card in there now.

Here is the service manual.  The wifi card R & R procedures can be found in chapter 5, starting on page 49.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04439615

If your notebook has two antenna cables attached to the wifi card in there now, you can upgrade to this wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0                HP Part #710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Shouldn't cost you more than $25 USD.  I got one for $19.00 a few weeks ago on eBay.

HP Recommended
Thanks for the answer. Should I open the notebook to check for the cables?
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, open it up and check for 2 antenna cables before ordering the card.

It is easy to do.

HP Recommended
Why is so important to have 2 antenna cables? Sorry for question.
HP Recommended

Because a dual band wifi card requires two antennas for both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz wifi bands to get proper reception.

The card may not even work at all with only one antenna connected to it.

HP Recommended
Ok. I got it now. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Anytime.

HP Recommended

yes, it has 2 antennae

HP Recommended

That's great.

Now you can order the card I posted, install it and enjoy the increased wifi speeds, plus you will have bluetooth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.