Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless network can access SSID but cannot then connect to internet. Troubleshooting wireless network diagnostic facility comes back with "Detected - The DNS server isn't responding". This problem commenced at the beginning of this week. How can I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Johnho99

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

I suggest you start by updating your Wireless Driver from Here. Restart your Router and Notebook.

If the issue persists, clear your DNS cache and reset your IP Address.

1) Type cmd in the search box from the Start menu. Then right-click on Command Prompt to select Run as administrator.

Click Yes when prompted by the User Account Control.

2) On the open black window, type the following commands and press Enter after each.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

3) Restart your Notebook and try to access the website you want to go again and see if it succeeds.

This problem can also be caused by an incorrect DNS server address. So you can follow these to correct your DNS server address:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2) Type control and press Enter.

3) Click Network and Sharing Center in Large icons.

4) Click Change adapter settings.

5) Right-click on Local Area ConnectionEthernet or Wi-Fi according to your Windows. Then click Properties

6) Click Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4), then Properties.

7) Tick on Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Then click OK.

😎 Click Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6), then Properties.

9) Tick on Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Then click OK.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Accessed HP support by phone who talked me through the process. Once internet activated I was then talked through a BIOS upgrade and driver updates.

Thanks for your response.

HP Recommended

@Johnho99

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.