Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 14s-dq2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to connect to a 5GHz Wi-fi network. After troubleshooting it connects for a fraction of time, say a minute or two, then automatically disconnects and switches to 2.4GHz network of the same router. I tried connecting the 5GHz Wi-fi to some other device to check if the issue is with the router itself but it worked fine in all the other devices. Window and the drivers all are up to date but I cannot find a way to fix this issue.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

HP Recommended

My notebook is installed with Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if updating the wifi driver to the latest version helps...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

HP Recommended

Hi:

I updated my driver from the provided link too but the problem still persists.

HP Recommended

Sorry the driver update didn't help.

If your notebook is still under warranty, I suggest you open a support case using the HP support assistant software, or contact HP customer service in India at the link below.

Contact HP | HP® India

The wifi card is probably defective and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Okay.
I'll communicate with HP customer care service and see what they'll say in this issue. Thanks for giving your time looking into this matter.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.