Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a PC that didn't have a wireless connection at all, and I bought a netgear A6100 USB and it's connecting me to my 5G Network. and I have excellent speeds.  

I have a similar problem with my HP Envy laptop, but when I go to the device manager, it shows that its a Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265.  I opened settings and changed it to 5G and so far, I can see my 5G connection (but I could before I made the change), but when I do connect to it I have no internet access.  Very frustrating.  I'm also not able to connect to my network.  I even tried hard wiring the laptop to my router and I still can't see my Cloud Drive or my other PCs.  Very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rawoody,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

What is the product number of your HP Notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP PCs - Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

Please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Turns out the change on the device mgr is why I wasn't connecting to the net. So that's fixed, but I have two of these laptops and neither of them can see the network.  Very frustrating.  I have Win 10 and they are both I7's 6000 series

Thanks

HP Recommended

@rawoody,

I'm glad to hear you got the Internet connection back. However, you seem to have an issue where the computers are not communicating with each other. 

Let's try these steps here: 

Open Settings.
Click Network & Internet.
In the panel on the left, click either Wi-Fi (if you’re connected to a wireless network) or Ethernet (if you’re connected to a network using a network cable).
Find the Related setting section on the right, then click Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
Expand the network profile currently assigned to your network connection.
In the Network discover section, select “Turn on network discovery”. Also, check the box that says “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices.”
Click Save changes.
Close the Settings window.

Now try to check and see if both the computers are communicating. 

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.