Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a second-hand Elitebook Folio 9470m with windows 10, I can't find Bluetooth in the Device Manager, I see Bluetooth in Settings but can't turn it ON. Please I need the solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be able to if you format it again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You can download the bluetooth driver for your HP Notebook on HP.COM. Check with the S/N and P/N for your Notebook and accordingly find the latest bluetooth driver compatible with OS Windows 10. For any additional help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Barbs1 

Not all Elitebook Folio 9470m notebooks came with built in Bluetooth.

Go into the BIOS and see if there is a Bluetooth adapter present and enabled.

If there is, your notebook must have once had Windows 7 installed and was upgraded to W10 with the Bluetooth turned off in the HP connection manager software.

The problem is that the HP connection manager software is not supported in W10 so you can't use it to turn on the Bluetooth.

Here is a way you can turn on the Bluetooth...

Download Ubuntu from the link below.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

Make a bootable Ubuntu installer.   Here is a tutorial for how to do that.

Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

Boot from the Ubuntu installer and select the option to 'Try Ubuntu without installing.'

Turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

Shut down the PC. remove the Ubuntu installer, turn the PC on and when you get back into Windows, the Bluetooth should be present and working.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I will try it as soon as possible but first I  like to ask if the USB stick will still be usable after making it a bootable Ubuntu USB stick, how can I use it again?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be able to if you format it again.

HP Recommended

I have checked the BIOS of my laptop but can't seem to find where it says Bluetooth Adapter anywhere in the BIOS only WLAN/LAN.

Maybe I don't know where it is,

because I have fsquirt in my file system, I should proceed to try Ubuntu anyway, right?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not have the Bluetooth hardware or it would be showing up in the BIOSwhere the wifi adapter is showing up.

I would not bother trying the Ubuntu installer, because your notebook doesn't have Bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Ok, I will need to get a Bluetooth dongle then.

Thank you very much for your response, am grateful.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.