Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13t-aw000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I downloaded the sp114211.exe install package for this driver but when I launch it, I get a command screen that only has the following message: "[Info] Attempt to execute c:\SW Setup\SP114211\install.cmd..." after which the window closes and the install does not progress or complete.  I have tried this from my user account elevated to admin and my super admin account with the same results.  Is this because it is a Windows 10 driver attempting to install on Windows 11?  If so, when will Windows 11 be included in the OS dropdown, and when will there be Windows 11 drivers available?

Thanks and regards,

Howard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Howard.

Sorry that approach didn't work.

You could try one other way with a manual install and that is to force install the driver.

To do that, follow the instructions up to the 'Browse my computer for drivers.'

This time, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers for my computer' option, at the bottom of that window.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp114211\src\Driver\Netwtw08 (setup information file)\select the Intel AX 201 wifi adapter from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Howard:

I recommend that you install the latest W11 driver for your notebook's wifi adapter directly from Intel.

1st one on the left side of the page.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Since this is a peer to peer forum and we don't work for or represent HP, unfortunately we don't know when HP will upload the W11 drivers to the support pages for the PC's that meet the requirements to run W11.

HP Recommended

Paul -

Thanks for the prompt reply!  The September '21 version 22.80.1.1 (64 bit) driver is the one that I'm currently using.  I had updated to that from the September '20 Intel driver that was evidently installed by Windows update - HP Support Assistant never suggested the HP 22.60.0.6 Rev.A driver though it was released in June.  Intel suggested I try it as I'm experiencing some performance issues with the Intel 6 AX201 adapter.  It's delivering only half or less of the download performance I'm seeing on my iPhone 12 Pro and M1 based MacBook Air, and also seeing at least double the ping times as well. 

Very strange that the HP install file just stops with no error codes - Windows 10 drivers should work on Windows 11.

Regards,

Howard

I've

HP Recommended

If you want to install the older driver, see if this works...

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel AX201 wifi adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran sp114211.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp114211.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver will install that way.

HP Recommended

Paul -

Thanks for the additional suggestion!  Unfortunately, Windows believes the best driver for my hardware is currently installed, and there is no way to override that choice.  I thought that I could try rolling back the driver to the Sept '20 driver which is older than the HP driver and then try to "upgrade" to the newer HP driver, but I can't roll back the current driver.  I even tried launching the install using the InstallCmdWrapper.exe file in the Windows\SWSetup\SP114211 directory.  It ran farther than the .exe file I downloaded from HP (which at least unzipped the files to the SWSetup directory),  but per the InstallCmdWrapper-InstallCmd.log below, 1 file was copied, but the driver didn't install.

2021/10/14 16:07:18.196|Info|Attempt to execute C:\SwSetup\SP114211\install.cmd...

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>REM The following is required in all INSTALL.CMD files

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>if exist c:\system.sav\util\SetVariables.cmd Call c:\system.sav\util\SetVariables.cmd

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>set version=1.03b

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>Set block=C:\SwSetup\SP114211\

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>CD /D "C:\SwSetup\SP114211\"

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>REM Remove the REM from the next line if your component does not support Silent Install (Application Recovery)

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>REM Erase /F /Q *.CVA

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>REM Add the command-line to have your component to be installed properly

C:\SwSetup\SP114211>Pushd src

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>if not defined FCC_LOG_FOLDER goto BPS

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>if exist ".\Uninstall.cmd" call ".\Uninstall.cmd"

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>if 0 NEQ 0 goto :END

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>if exist ".\InstallDrv.cmd" call ".\InstallDrv.cmd"

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>REM ========================================================

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>REM Driver deliverable installation

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>REM

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>REM Template Version: V1.03b

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>REM ========================================================

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>set versiondrv=1.03b

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>set errcode=0

C:\SwSetup\SP114211\src>REM
1 file(s) copied.

My next step is probably to see if Intel has a diagnostic for the adapter that I can download and run to see what's happening.  I've been engaged with one of their tech support people on the performance issue that led me to try to install this driver.

Thanks and regards,

Howard

HP Recommended

Sorry that approach didn't work.

You could try one other way with a manual install and that is to force install the driver.

To do that, follow the instructions up to the 'Browse my computer for drivers.'

This time, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers for my computer' option, at the bottom of that window.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp114211\src\Driver\Netwtw08 (setup information file)\select the Intel AX 201 wifi adapter from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Paul -

That approach worked to install the driver - Thank You!  I installed the HP driver and it appears to have improved the ping times, but no significant change in the download speed based on a few initial tests.  I'll spend some more time on this later.

Once again, I appreciate your suggestions - enjoy the rest of your day!

Regards,

Howard

HP Recommended

Anytime, Howard.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Enjoy the rest of your day too!

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.