Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I just set up my new HP laptop and tried to sign in again but I am getting a message that says I’m not connected to the internet even though I am. I have restarted several times but can’t seem to fix it.  I did set up a Microsoft account when I set everything up. Is something up with that.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jess721 

I don't understand -- if you're not able to login, then how can you be getting messages?

If what you are saying is that you are seeing the "globe" symbol on the login screen, that generally means that the router you are using to access the Internet no longer has that access. 

I use an Extender in my Den to access my main Router because I don't want to run a 50-foot cable to it, and I see that same symbol at least once every few days.  I unplug the Extender, wait a couple of minutes, restart the laptop -- and Internet access is back.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Our internet is working just fine on our other computer. It is showing that I am connecting on my new computer too. The message pops up when I try to enter my password to access my computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.