Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Split 13 x2 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So.. I have a HP Split 13 x2 PC from 2013, 2014 maybe.. and it's WIFI driver cannot suport the 5GHz Connection (I can't  find the 5ghz wifi).

Do I need an adaptor? Or can I solve this with and software or something like..?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Poubel Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. I was using a Netgear 2000 extender but replaced it with an LP-Link extender to handle much faster speeds with an xFinity feed. My HP laptop recognizes the extender but not the 5G feature. All my phones and the Amazon Fire recognize the 5G but not the laptop. Is there a software fix for this?   MG

HP Recommended

I have on my laptop Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn wifi M.2 Adaptor

It does not detect any 5G network broadcasted from the internet router. how can you help me check issues or upgrade the adaptor?

It can only detect 2.5G network which is very slow and has high loss in connection

Laptop Details

T0Z72PA#ACJ

HP Pavilion Notebook

HP Recommended

@Brijesh_S Welcome to HP Community!

A few things to remember are mentioned below: 

The compatibility of your router with the wireless card, 

If the wireless card is 1x1: supports 2.4 GHz and below - slow connection and download/upload speed, 

If it's 2x2 or more: support 5 GHz and above - Fast connected and speed. 

Here are your Product specifications: Click here for details. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi, Please can you advice on how i can upgrade the laptop wireless card to 2x2 or more: support 5 GHz and above - Fast connected and speed. 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196!

The product name is HP Split 13 x2 PC and the number is E8C36UA#ABA.

Thanks for the support!

Have a great day.

HP Recommended

@Poubel 

Thank you for the update.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot. 

https://appuals.com/how-to-connect-to-5ghz-wifi-on-windows-7-8-and-10/

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks @praveen196, but I already tried those solutions and my network adapter does not have the 802.11a/g/n or the 802.11ac radio frequency.

Thanks for the support.

HP Recommended

@Poubel

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.