Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15t-dy100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I use a hotspot from my Iphone when I travel and want to work in the car.  Before upgrading to Windows 11, I had no trouble connecting my laptop to my hotspot.  

Since I upgraded to Windows 11, my laptop does not even see my hotspot when I search for wireless connections.  I know my hotspot is working because I can connect to other devices.  I have tried updating drivers, resetting network, restarting both devices and running the troubleshooter--nothing has worked!  Please help!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Linda061565 

(1) Update wifi driver (one will work !)

Intel WLAN Driver

22.60.0.6 Rev.A27.2 MBJun 17, 2021Download

or

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1.0.0.181 Rev.S27.9 MBJul 5, 2021Download

(2) Reboot and test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Unfortunately neither of those downloads fixed my problem.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello @Linda061565 

Take time, drink a tea and watch the following guide to repair your wifi:

Fix HP Wi-Fi Not Working in Windows 11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJeQCpHS_p0&ab_channel=TechFixIT

( Watch the video from another computer, because you have to reboot several times on the affected computer and it is easier that way )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I followed all of the steps in the video but still does not pick up my iPhone mobile hotspot

HP Recommended

Hello @Linda061565 

Please ...

- Switch off your iphone hotspot

- Restart your iphone

- Setup iphone hotspot again, new (ssid) wifi name, another wifi channel ( if you can choose ) and encryption WPA2 Personal (for example) and the hotspot should be visible (wifi beacon)

- Activate hotspot

- Test on your notebook again

Watch also here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-DP5DVkmrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HlyttBkHLo

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

Work from Home is what most of us do today. When we try to connect hotspot with iPhone from our Macbook or Windows Computer, frequent disconnect problem must be irritating. iPhone Personal Hotspot Not Working Problem is here for the past several iOS Software Updates. Apple hasn't fixed the problem
Can't connect to your iOS device's hotspot? Here are 5 super easy ways to fix your iPhone Hotspot not working. Since we are all working from home, internet connectivity is a major deal for us. Not everyone has good broadband connections, however, which is why I know a lot of you guys rely on ...
HP Recommended

I renamed the hotspot and changed the password. Not sure how to change Wi-Fi channel. Restarted phone but still not working. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Linda061565 

You wrote that you see other wifi hotspots out there (from your notebook) ...

Summary and solution

So please check for apple iOS updates and try again, otherwise I would say your wifi hotspot does not work !

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I have already checked for updates on both the iPhone and laptop. I know the hotspot is working because I can connect other phones and tablets to it. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Linda061565 

Can your notebook connect to other hotspots ( except your iphone hotspot ) ?

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.