Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion HP Notebook - 15t-bs000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought a MacBook Air. The Mac can detect the HP over my wifi and transfer files from the HP to the Mac. The HP cannot find the Mac on the network either through wifi or through UNI USB-C to Ethernet adapter. The Mac Network/WiFi/Advanced/WINS has the name of the HP workgroup and the server for the network gateway (10.0.0.1). The Mac Network/USB shows connected with WINS showing WORKGROUP. Unplugging the cable is indicated properly. I have deleted and restarted the Network info on the MAC.

I have rebooted each machine multiple times. I have restarted my network router.

On the Laptop, Device Drivers/USB does not seem to show a USB device, which I believe it should, right? I am using a CAT 5 ethernet cable, which I tested with the HP and the router, and seems to work fine (download speed went up 30X)

Windows 10 is up to date, the HP Hardware diagnostics does not indicate any issues. I tried updating the USB drivers. I uninstalled USB root and rebooted.

Any advice?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have an update to my post: I had the HP Laptop 15 connected to MacBook Air using UNI USB-C to Ethernet adapter and Cat 5 Ethernet. I ran the HP Hardware diagnostic (version 1.6.6.0) Wired Ping Test. It failed (Realtek PbE Family controller #2). When I connected the HP Laptop 15 to my router, the Wired Ping Test passed.

So the issue has to do with the MacBook - perhaps I need to making some setting adjustments on the HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.